Thursday, December 27, 2012

Completed module next to two blank boards


Here's a quick post to show you what a completed module looks like. This one's sandwiched between two blank frames...



This is a board with a swamp and a hill built into it. The swamp came about as a bit of serendipity. I left it out over night to dry and found, the next morning, that one of our cats had been walking about on it.

After I finished cursing the cat, I noticed that he had pushed up bits in complete rolls. TYhe stuff was still a bit wet, so I took a brush handle and pushed up even more. I then painted it dark, shiny black for water. I flocked the area again with a darker green flock, put in some pushes and some red fall foliage. I mad sure to make a few water areas in the region where my other modules' rivers can connect to. This thing can thus also be dropped into a stretch of river as a marshy bend.

Of course, depending on the scenario, you can call the dark green flocked area marsh, forest or just plain old clear terrain.

The hills, again, are done up wedding cake style in order to clearly show where the elevation lines are.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of wedding-cake hills, although they're a bit of a pain when bases are balanced across countours. Mind you, that's no more of a problem than bases sliding off rounded hills.

    ReplyDelete